There is no content to display.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with C.A.S.A of San Bernardino County. Below you will find a list of the requirements for participation as a volunteer with our program. If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office or email us. We look forward to hearing from you! We would also like to invite you to attend an upcoming information session. Information sessions happen the first Thursday of every month in different locations in the county. Please call our office to RSVP to attend next month’s one!
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS 2015
When? Thursday, April 2, 2015, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Where? Starbucks, 14848 Bear Valley Rd, Victorville, CA92395
When? Thursday, May 7, 2015, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Where? C.A.S.A. Office, 437 N. Riverside Ave, Suite 5, Rialto, CA 92376
When? Thursday, June 4, 2015, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Where? Starbucks, 9754 Foothill Blvd. Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Requirements for Volunteering with C.A.S.A of San Bernardino County:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Have no prior criminal convictions
- Have a clean driving record
- Not work in a capacity that would be a conflict of interest (i.e., a foster parent or social worker in San Bernardino County)
If you meet the above listed requirements, the next step would be to either call and speak with our Community Outreach Coordinator or attend one of our monthly information sessions. To find out more about these sessions, select the “Upcoming Events” link in the menu. The info session is a great opportunity to learn more about our program and volunteering. Once you attend the info session and determine that CASA is the right fit for you, the training process will begin. This process includes:
- Completion of a volunteer application: ( Click Volunteer Application October 2014 / Information Sheet to download)
- A pre-training interview with CASA staff
- Submit the following documents:
- An FBI/DOJ and Megan’s Law background check.
- A DMV printout (last 10 years).
- A copy of a valid driver’s license and car insurance.
- Three positive references.
- Completion of 30 hours of classroom training. (Click here2015 TRAINING SCHEDULE to view our upcoming training schedule)
Please join our mailing list